Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Break Splurges

I have been on Spring break this week (one of the great things about being a teacher) and I did what I typically do on Spring break, shop! In my college years I would always spend Spring break shopping for clothes and while I admit that I still did a little of that most of my shopping was centered around the house this year. I went a little crazy for plants this year and bought quite a few. Here are some pictures of the new plantings around the house.

My new hanging basket, and Angel Wing Begonia

Regular old Begonia

Mint, Lemon Balm and two Red Bell Pepper plants
More pepper plants and some succulents I got for the sides of my strawberry pot
I also scored some sweet home decor items over my break. I have been looking to add some more metal to our living space to offset the warmth of all the wood. Here are two pieces I am pretty excited about.

I had been searching for some metal letter for a while and had my eye on some at Anthropologie that were just a bit more than I wanted to spend. Over break I spotted these at Urban Outfitters for 2 for $12! I love the way they look on our mantel.
Eric's parents came up this weekend and his mom brought us this awesome metal card catalog. Call me crazy but I am totally in love with industrial metal storage units, I was pretty excited about this one.

We are using it as an end table but also discovered that it is the perfect size to hold our DVD collection, it's a win win!
I'll be back to work tomorrow so new posts may be slow to come but they will be here eventually :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment