Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Childhood Jewelry Box Restored

I recently had a family heirloom restored to me and I can't tell you how excited I am to have rediscovered it! The item is a jewelry box that was built for me by my grandfather on my Mom's side. He was really in to wood working and made me a lot of things that I didn't really appreciate when I was a kid but now I am so happy to have them. This jewelry box is kind of like a miniature dresser, in fact, I used it to hold all of my doll's clothes when I was little. I've seen this style of jewelry box become popular recently at stores such as World Market. I don't think I ever actually used it for it's intended purpose until recently but I can tell you that I am very happy to have it back in my life. My dad was kind enough to refinish the jewelry box for me and add some new knobs, Not only is it great to have something from my grandfather, it also solves my jewelry storage problem (which had gotten quite out of hand). Thanks to my Dad for fixing it up for me and thanks to my Grandpa for making it for me to begin with!

My cute new/old jewelry box

Storage problem solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment