Friday, April 20, 2012

Dinner by Eric

This is from a few weeks ago but I am a little behind in my posting and I still wanted to make a point to go back and brag about my husband's culinary skills. Eric has been shifting his work schedule so that he goes in extra early and gets to be home by around 4:00 each day. This is partially in preparation for starting a family but mainly he just wanted to shift his day so that he and I would have more time together in the afternoons. Luckily he works for an awesome company that really values him and allows him to be flexible with his schedule :-)

Back when I worked at an after school art studio I had hours that kept me at work until almost 7:00. This was when Eric and I were dating and I would usually head to his apartment after work. He would always have dinner ready for me (can you see why I married him?) and it was nice to be taken care of that way. Well, since I usually get off earlier than him these days I have been in the habit of making dinner but now that his schedule allows him to come home early he will occasionally treat me to a special dinner that he cooks up all on his own. I do love to cook but I don't mind having a break now and then and it's something he enjoys doing for me.

His latest dish was something he thought up completely on his own ( I usually at least have to start with a base recipe and modify it from there). Here's a picture of the dish,



I think I have mentioned before how I am currently craving fruit and all things tropical and this dish really fit the bill. The base was saffron rice cooked in coconut milk instead of water and mixed with pineapple tidbits and cashews. He topped that with mahi mahi coated in cornmeal and fried in peanut oil and garnished with toasted coconut and grilled limes. The flavors went so well together and the whole thing was delish! I will have to let him make me dinner more often (although I already have him making me smoothies every day).

I have also been cooking up some pretty fun dishes in the kitchen lately so I will be sharing those soon along with some more baby related stuff :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment