Friday, July 5, 2013

Whole Grain Banana Bread


I don't really like to eat bananas by themselves but I love having them on hand because they are great for making smoothies, ice cream and my personal favorite banana bread! Here is a whole grain take on the classic using half whole wheat flour and half oat flour. I thought it tasted fantastic and really couldn't tell much a difference from the white flour versions I've used in the past. 

Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 tbs butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt

Mash bananas with a wooden spoon in a large bowl, add butter, eggs, yogurt and sugar mixing well to combine. Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to banana mixture, stirring as you go. Pour batter in to a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for  1 hour. Enjoy hot with lots of butter and a cup of tea!



No comments:

Post a Comment