Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow!


As you may have heard we've had some snow here in the Atlanta area! Naturally everything shut down and the roads were a mess yesterday and this morning. As far as I know many people are still stranded as it hasn't warmed up enough to melt much today. Thankfully Eric left work early enough to get home (it only took him two hours were many people were stuck on the roads for 8 or 9 and a ton of people ended up sleeping in their cars). He did have to leave his car about a mile away and walk the rest of the way in so we'll have to go pick it up later. I am so relieved to have all my loved ones at home with me and now we can just wait it out and enjoy this beautiful snow!

I am a huge snow person and was so excited that we got a good dusting this year. I couldn't wait to share the snow with Echo but unfortunately she was not a fan. Not only did she not seem to enjoy it she actually seemed to hate it. I was so disappointed! Oh well, maybe when she's older she'll learn to love snow. Luckily I was able to leave her home with her dad on several occasions so I could go play in the snow :-)

Echo was not happy about all this white stuff on the ground

Walking in the snow


It was fun to go for a walk while it was really coming down yesterday!

Echo preferred sitting by the fire and drawing to playing in the snow 

After Eric got home yesterday he was able to work at the window and watch the snow come down.

Kitty footprints in the snow this morning

This morning we had a ton of fun sledding on our street and talking to the neighbors. It's nice how the snow brings everyone outside. I'll post some videos of us sledding later, they're on my dad's camera. By this afternoon a lot of the snow is melting on the roads but there are plenty of icy patches left and I may not be able to get out of my driveway for a while yet. Good thing we have plenty of food!



Icy streets outside our house



Our house in the snow, much the way it looked the first time we came to see it when it was for sale.

More kitty footprints, so cute!

It was Sophie's first snow and she loved it! It was so cute to see her playing in it.

It makes me sad to see the snow melting already but I'm still hoping we get one more good snow before the Spring comes. I've had a great time these past two days having my family all together and alternating between playing in the snow and warm indoor activities like baking and hot chocolate drinking, not quite ready for it to be over yet :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment