Monday, July 16, 2012

Recipes- Odds and Ends

I've made up a few recipes lately and I wanted to record them someplace before I forget them. What better place than here on my blog? I can always find them when I need them. So this post is really just for me, here are two things I've made and enjoyed lately.

I'm trying to learn how to make more of my own things, homemade tortillas, homemade salsa, homemade bread and homemade mayonaise. This salsa recipe was modified from one that I found online, I just added in a little bit of all the ingredients I had on hand. It turned out totally delicious and I will definitely make it again!

Homemade Restaurant Style Salsa

Juice of one lime
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 small onion, peeled and chunked
1 handful cilantro
1/4 cup napolitos (optional)
1 fresh cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp adobo seasoning
1 tsp cumin

This one is easy, I just combined all the ingredients in a large bowl and blended it with my emersion blender until it was smooth. I stored mine in tupperware in the fridge for a about a week, it tasted yummy and fresh!



This next recipe came from a desire to use some leftover stuff that was taking up space in the pantry and fridge. I also wanted something easy I could make ahead and take to work for lunch the next day. I think it turned out quite tasty and I got use up the rest of my homemade mayo too :-)

Tuna Pasta Salad


2 cups cooked pasta (your choice what kind)
2 tablespoons mayonaise
2 tablespoons greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
1/2 large onion, diced
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
1 can tuna
salt and pepper to taste

Another super easy recipe, I drained the canned tuna and then combined all the ingredients in a large bowl. I then mixed them together and sampled some right away (to make sure I got the salt and pepper ratios right). This is also great leftover and perfect for a light lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment