Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Macro Lens

After months of wishing and waiting I finally broke down and bought a macro lens (with some encouragement from Eric). I am so in love with it! It's a Nikkor 60 mm 2.8 and it just came in the mail today! It's a really solid, heavy lens with metal mounting and all and I've had very little time to play with it since it just came this afternoon. Here are some of my initial trials with it. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it more the more I use it but so far I am very pleased.

Bloom on my tomato plant

baby pinecone on my Eastern Hemlock

Blueberries!

Some kind of bug on a dandelion in the front yard.

Some of my potted succulents. 

Eric's eye, I'll get a better one when I have better light to work with :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Why didn't you tell me?!! That's amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete