Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Key Lime Cookies

It's been really fun going to the farmers market every week (especially when it's not ridiculously cold!) and partaking of all the local produce. I try to always make myself try something new when I'm there and the last time I went they had some great looking key limes for sale. I bought them because they looked so fresh and yummy but I ad no idea what I'd do with them. Luckily I stumbled across a recipe for key lime cookies and the problem was solved!


Here is the recipe, originally from Honest Fare.

Ingredients
1 stick of butter softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 egg plus one yolk
1/4 cup key lime juice
2 tsp lime zest
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth, add egg and yolk and beat until combined. Add lime juice, lime zest, baking powder and salt and stir to combine. Gradually add flour and stir until dough is smooth. Shape dough in to 1 inch balls and transfer to cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add powdered sugar topping using a sifter (this was so fun, I'd never done it before!).

I made these while my husband had people over for games and it was all I could do to save them all from being gobbled up on the spot! Luckily I had enough limes left to make a second batch :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment