Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Our Most Disorganized Garden Year Yet!



I'm not the most organized gardener to begin with but let me tell you, gardening with an enthusiastic toddler is something else altogether! This year I gave Echo her very own raised bed and took her to Pikes to pick out seeds for it. In her garden she is growing catnip, nasturtiums, carrots and zinnias, I think she only picked the cat nip because it had a picture of a cat on the seed packet! In my garden I decided to focus on easy to grow herbs this year since I'm not sure how well I'll be feeling after my surgery and I don't know if I'll be up for much gardening work. I'm growing several types of basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, dill and lemon grass. I'm also trying tomatillos again since those did so well last year and some lima beans that came free with my seed  order.


I have pretty massive seed starting operation going and as usual I jumped the gun putting everything out side and now it's supposed to freeze again this weekend (oops). I have absolutely no idea what anything in any of these pots is. Planting seeds with Echo is chaos and everything got completely mixed around. I'm feeling very relaxed about the garden though, it's much more important to me that Echo participate in the gardening and have than that everything is neat and tidy. Besides, since I am mostly growing herbs this year it should be easy to tell what they are as soon as they get a little bigger. I hope that Echo with have fond memories of gardening with her mommy that will last her the rest of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment