Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Soft Rye Pretzels


I'm not sure if it's the chemo or having two little kids (probably a combination) but I have had zero time and energy for my blog lately. I do have a few posts planned but until I can get myself organized here are some lovely soft pretzels I made a while back. I'm not going to type out the recipe because it's a little long and involved but I thought they came out so pretty I wanted to show them off anyway. The recipe is from a great cookbook called Good to the Grain and if you are at all interested in whole grain baking I encourage you to check it out. It really focuses on celebrating the flavor of a multitude of whole grain flours and every recipe I've made from it so far has turned out amazing.


I've wanted to make pretzel from scratch for a really long time and I finally got around to it in February. I will say that making these while simultaneously watching a toddler and and baby is maybe not the best idea. It's a lot of hands on work and involves a huge pot of boiling water. However the results were well worth the work. These pretzels were seriously out of this world and we ate them up in no time flat. They were especially good served with some fancy flavored mustards, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment