Saturday, July 23, 2016

My New Favorite Breakfast


Traditionally I have always favored sweets when it comes to breakfast food (that darn sweet tooth of mine!) but I have been experimenting with savory starts to my day this Summer and have come up with a combination I am absolutely in love with! It's fast, easy, healthy and oh so yummy! It's like a little Caprese Salad but the breakfast version.

I start with half a cup of cottage cheese (give or take, I don't really measure), top with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh ground black pepper. If I'm feeling really decadent then I might add some walnuts. I love having this meal before yoga because it's light enough to have before working out but gives me a little protein boost which keeps me full but gives me lots of energy. This breakfast is definitely going to be added to my long term repertoire, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment