Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blooming Plants

At first I was a little disappointed by the lack of blooming plants at our new house. We didn't have any bulbs come up and I figured that maybe the previous owners didn't care about flowers. luckily a lot of things have started to open up lately and I am really starting to see that we have some beautiful things in the yard. Here are some pictures of the blooming flowers around our yard and a few of our flowering house plants as well.

Dogwood tree near our back deck
Another Dogwood, this one in the front yard.
Azaleas

We have beautiful Azaleas all over the yard, I'm hoping that is I fertilize them next year they will be even better
My parents kindly shared some of the Flox they have in their yard with me. My Dad dug up a few sprigs and planted them around our front garden. Hopefully they will spread out and take over.
To spite blooming the wrong time of year, my Christmas Cactus has been truly stunning this year.
I had planted a ton of daffodils at our rental back in the Fall (when I thought we would be staying there for several years). I was bummed about leaving them behind but I didn't want to go to the trouble to dig them all up when we had so much other stuff to do. On our last day at the old house I cut all the ones that were in bloom and brought them with us so we could enjoy them a little bit longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment