Sunday, April 3, 2011

Post Move Updates

The move is complete and we are spending our first real, non moving weekend in the house. Of course there is still a lot of work to be done but it's nice knowing that we can take our time a bit more and do some fun things here too. We are now official residents of Marietta having changed our address with the post office and started our trash service here. We still have no internet (right now I am using a neighbor's unprotected wireless network which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't) and we have a few other loose ends to wrap up (like the lack of stove/oven), but mostly we are all settled in. It has been really fun to decorate and organize as well as to watch the cats explore and become comfortable in their new home. I have to say that I am so in love with this house it's ridiculous. Every time I wake up here I am amazed that I get to live in such a nice house, and what makes it even better is the amount of work we put in to it to make it nice, it's very satisfying.

Here are some pictures of the cats settling in from the past week. I have a lot of posts coming up since I haven't done much because of our lack of internet. Stay tuned for more :-)

The cats enjoy having furniture again, here is Westley lounging on the living room sofa.
Bedroom, mostly put together and art on the walls. I am so happy with the color in here, it's very peaceful for a bedroom.
Dining room-cleaned up and ready to be used (if we can get the cat off the table).

Reese peeking down from the loft on her first day in the new house

No comments:

Post a Comment