Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Best Cucumber Salad

Yep, it's another cucumber post. I'm sorry, I promise this will come to an end soon. I just have a surplus of cucumbers in the garden and have to find creative uses for them so that is where all my energy is going lately. I have tried a lot of cucumber salads but this has been my favorite by far! So yummy and exotic tasting!



I adapted it from this recipe from 101 cookbooks, the main differences being that I added grilled chicken to make it more of a dinner salad and I used lime juice instead of lemon which I feel gives it a more Asian flavor. I also upped the spices quite a bit because I like it spicy :-) Here is my version of the recipe.

1 grilled chicken breast, chopped
2 mediums cucumbers, partially peeled and chopped
1/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
1/2 cup peanuts toasted
1 cayenne pepper, diced
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 handful cilantro, chopped

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a salad bowl. Whisk together the lime juice and sugar and mix with salad ingredients. Heat sunflower oil in a skillet and toast mustard and coriander seeds until fragrant. Let cool and combine with salad ingredients. Mix in cilantro just before serving. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment