Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Garden in June

I haven't had a ton of time for my garden this month, poor garden :-( I'm just trying to hope for the best and not stress myself out over it. The good news is that we have had lots and lots of rain so watering it hasn't been much of an issue. The cucumbers have continued to produce astonishingly well and the brandywine tomatos are coming along nicely too.  I gave up on the carrots ever doing much and just went ahead and pulled them and we had nice roasted baby carrots with dinner one night. A lot of the other things I grew from seed are still growing really slowly, I'm wondering if they need more fertilization or something. This year they might just have to fend for themselves I'm afraid. Here are some updated pictures of the garden shot with my lovely macro lens.

Red bell pepper, getting bigger and turning a teeny bit red.

Thai basil

Cucumbers still going strong

The Cayenne peppers are finally turning red. They are so pretty and oh so hot!

Brandywine tomatos, I have quite a few of these that will be ready sometime over the summer.

Infused water that I made with my home grown mint and cucumbers. The only thing I didn't grow was the lemons :-)

Just for fun here is an artistic shot of my hibiscus which has been blooming nicely

And here's a super cool spider that I found in our yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment