Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's that time of year again and I am already getting simultaneously nostalgic for 2012 and excited for 2013. 2012 was an amazing year with many ups and downs but most importantly it's the year my sweet daughter was born which makes it amazing! I'm now brimming with hope for the new year and all it has to bring and in the spirit of optimism I have a huge long list of "resolutions" which are really just things I want to keep in mind and try to work on. I always feel that even if I don't stick to half of my resolutions, a start of a new year is always a great time to reset and try try again. Here is my list for the coming year, 2013 is going to be another great one, I have no doubt!

1. Get caught up on all my doctors appointments that I have been putting off forever (such as dentist and eye doctor). Here's to a healthier 2013!

2. Learn how to make my own broth from scratch. I've been wanting to try this and seriously can't believe it's taken me this long.

3. Bake regularly, at least once a week. I enjoy it and it's cheaper and better for me than store bought bread.

4. Try new sewing projects and really improve my sewing skills.

5. Cut waaayyy back on sugar.

6. Walk a few miles at least 2 times a week. Eric, Echo and I have been walking to the grocery store fairly regularly. Not only is it good exercise but it's also good family bonding time.

7. Read more and watch less TV. I've started this already. It makes feel better mentally :-)

8. Eat more local meat and produce.

9. Learn to cut my own hair.

10. Start trying for kid number two. This one is so much fun, I can't wait for her to have a little brother or sister :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment