Sunday, August 18, 2013

Easy Cardigan



 I absolutely love sewing clothes for my baby girl. They are so easy and cute! I haven't had too much luck sewing things for myself yet though. I Recently made this cardigan from one of my new sewing books though and I am reasonably happy with how it came out. I'm still getting the hang of sewing stretch fabrics but I was pretty pleased with this little number. it's probably the most ambitious project I've taken on as far as sewing my own clothing goes (baby steps). This project is from the book Sewing in a Straight Line and it's a pretty great project for beginners.


I'm always in need of short cardigans so i have lots of occasions to wear this. I got my family to snap these photos for the blog while we were eating lunch at No Mas in Castleberry Hills. They have a great retail store with beautiful Latin American pottery, jewelry and art in addition to serving pretty decent Mexican food.


After completing the cardigan I felt it was a little plain so I added this scotty dog applique. I didn't get a great photo of this detail but I feel it adds some interest to the garment. I may try this pattern again in a different color or fabric, all in all it was very easy to make and a good staple to add to my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment