Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Challah Bread


 I find I am getting more and more adventurous in my baking these days. Bread can be so intimidating but the more you do it the more you realize it really isn't that big of a deal. A year ago I would never have attempted a bread that was this complicated and lovely looking. I've made this recipe from Everyday Reading  several times now and it always turns out lovely and delicious.

Challah bread is a little sweeter and richer than some others I've tried and it is great for anything from sandwiches to French toast. Echo loved the beautiful braided shape as well as the taste and as you can see from the photos she couldn't keep her hands off it! Unfortunately I messed up my braid somehow (for some reason it's harder with dough than with hair) but it still looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself.


I encourage you to try this recipe even if it seems scary. It has a lot of steps but each one is really simple if you just take it one at a time. Who knows, after my challah success maybe I will even be up for trying bagels in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment