Friday, October 4, 2013

3 Cheese Potato Pizza


This recipe is so gloriously full of carbs I could just die. I love carbs, mmmm...

I've been toying with the idea of a potato pizza for a while now but couldn't commit to a recipe. I ended up kind of making this one up and it turned out tasting amazing! I guess you can't go wrong with potatoes on a  pizza huh? Unfortunately I didn't write down exactly what I did to make this so this recipe is an approximation. My advice is to do what I do and just fiddle with it until it tastes good.

For the Dough you can use store bought or any recipe you prefer. I used the recipe for pizza dough that came with my stand mixer, it was easy and delicious.

For the the toppings you need..

3 new potatoes sliced extra thin (I used a mandoline slicer)
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbs goat cheese, crumbled
3/4 shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (the good stuff, not the Kraft kind)
A handful of chopped fresh herbs ( I used thyme, rosemary and oregano)
2 tbs olive oil

For the sauce you need..
1 tbs butter
one medium onion, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine

Start by roasting your potatoes at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Before you roast you should brush them with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You'll also need to arrange them on a single layer on a cookie sheet, I had to do mine in two batches. Once the potatoes are softened set them aside to cool and make your sauce. To do this you just need to sauté the onions in butter until the start to get tender. Add your white wine and reduce liquid by half, remove from heat.

Stretch your pizza dough in to the desired shape and begin heating your oven to as hot as it will go (usually 500 degrees) with the pizza stone inside. To avoid a soggy crust you must preheat your pizza stone, I learned this the hard way. Spread your sauce over the pizza dough and arrange the potatoes on top in a single layer. Sprinkle with all three cheeses and chopped fresh herbs. Brush the edges of your crust with olive oil.

Carefully transfer your pizza to the hot pizza stone (this is so tricky! If you find an easy way to do this let me know!) and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

This recipe was really fantastic I must say, especially for a potato lover like me. It is however a bit of work so I probably will save it for when I'm trying to impress someone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment