Friday, November 11, 2011

First Fire Of The Year

Tonight we had our first fire at our "new" house. I always knew that having a fireplace was very important to me when we got to the point where we were ready to buy a house. I knew that my long term home must have one! We had a fireplace in the small rental house that Eric and I first lived in when we got married. Any of you that ever visited us at that house might recall that the fireplace there had it's issues. If it wasn't quite cold enough outside, if the fire wasn't constructed just perfectly and if the stars didn't align just right then the fireplace there wouldn't draw properly and the whole place would fill up with smoke. I have been anxiously awaiting a chance to try our fireplace at this house and it was finally cold enough on a night when we were actually going to be home so we gave it a whirl. I'm pleased to report that fireplace here works beautifully! We cracked open a bottle of wine and enjoyed a little hearth fire before dinner, it was lovely. I'm looking forward to many more fires to come in our awesome home :-)

Our hearth, complete with tree paintings and leaf garland. 

Very delicious wine, I recommend it :-)

Roaring fire, note the kitty paw print on the right hand side in the back of the fireplace.

This fireplace screen was a wedding present that we truely treasure, it is so beautiful and fits our style perfectly.

Of course Willow had to check it out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment