Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Years Resolutions

2012 is almost here and just like every year I'm thinking about resolutions. Ok, so I'm guilty of breaking many a resolution in the past but what kind of person would I be if I just stopped trying? I know it may seem arbitrary to some that you pick this certain time of the year to start changing your ways but I figure it's as good a time as any :-) Personally I have always been a big fan of resolutions for the new year, in my book trying to better yourself is an admirable undertaking. I am, as always, probably trying to take on too many resolutions this year but I figure it's good to aim high. This blog isn't about my personal life goals however, it's about our house and home. So instead of listing all my personal resolutions (most of which are health and fitness related), I'm making a list of resolutions for the house. This is just a list things I would like to accomplish in the house by this time next year. We starting the home buying process about a year ago and have accomplished so much already, I'm excited to see what we can get done in the next year.

1. Thoroughly clean and organize every room in the house. I mean get down to the nitty gritty, windows, carpets, baseboards, fans. I also plan to include the garage and basement in this which makes it a bit scary but hey, I have a whole year.

2. Finish the Kitchen remodel. This is a big one, we have lots of work to do here. We have a lot of the pieces we need to finish this but we just have to find some time to do it. I can't wait to get our new countertops and sink in place. We also plan to rip out the rest of the upper cabinets and replace them with shelves. Ideally I also want to tile the Kitchen this year.

3. Finish the stupid baseboards, not looking forward to this but it needs to be done.

4 Tile the bathrooms. They're small, how hard could it be?

I'm sure other things will come up that I want a need to get done around the house but this is a good start. I hope you and yours have a healthy and happy new year and good luck on those resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment