Thursday, February 23, 2012

Carb Cravings

If you've noticed a decline in my posting lately, there's a reason. Not only am I exhausted ALL THE TIME but I am also still doing battle with morning sickness. I have to drag myself to work each day and when I get home I pretty much lay on the couch until it's time for bed (around 9:00 PM these days). Housework has pretty much gone by the wayside, the only exceptions being laundry and dishes since those are the two absolutely essential things that have to get done. I thought the morning sickness had just about ended when I had a break in symptoms this weekend but it turns out I just had a lucky few days because it has been back with a vengeance this week. I can't wait for the second trimester so that I will get some of my energy back and not feel sick all the time! It won't be much longer now and I do feel like the worst is over (knock on wood).

As of right now I am feeling nauseous a lot of the time and on top of that I am also having weird food aversions. This means that many of my go to meals and long time favorites are suddenly repulsive to me. Instead I have been craving a lot of weird things, many of which are meals that I loved when I was a kid. For example, I can't get enough sloppy joes and orange sherbet, weird huh? Most of the things that I can eat without feeling like I'm going to throw up are carb heavy such as pasta and bread. Too bad for Eric trying to eat low carb, when the pregnant lady is doing the cooking you have to eat what I want ;-P

Yesterday I had a lovely day off from work and I had an overwhelming urge to bake bread from scratch. Pretty weird since I haven't done that since I was a kid. I roped my mom in to helping me and we had a fun day of bread baking and hanging out, it really took me back to my childhood and the bread was amazing! There is something therapeutic about kneading the dough and I don't care what people say, bread machine bread is not in the same league as honest to goodness homemade bread. Here are some pictures of the deliciousness, half of it is gone already :-) I got the recipe from the King Arthur Flour website, here . It's called hearth bread and it is a really simple recipe to make, plus it tastes great and is perfect for sandwiches.



No comments:

Post a Comment