Monday, September 19, 2011

A Touch of Fall

We are coming up on my very favorite season, Fall! There's something about the crisp weather, the smells of spice and woodsmoke and the golden light makes me feel that there is a bit of magic in the air. I have to say, this time of year puts me in an incredibly good mood. I gather that it's not technically Fall until this Friday but the weather has been so Autumn like that I couldn't resist a little Fall decorating. I have been so looking forward to decorating the house for the Fall and Winter holidays, this place is just crying out for garlands and seasonal decor. Today I made a lovely little leaf garland to hang above the fireplace.

Leaf garland in place

close up leaves
 I've also been collecting pinecones, both big and small, from the yard for quite a while. Right now they are being displayed on a lovely wood platter but I have plans to make  a Christmas garland out of them later this year.




I also walked around our yard today to take some pictures of some signs of early Fall. I love to watch the seasonal changes starting to make themselves apparent.

lots of pinecones showing up on our Eastern Hemlock tree

acorns are starting to fall and the squirrels are having a feat!

the berries on our holly bushes are starting to turn red, can't wait to make decorations out of these for Christmas!

some fall colors are just barely starting to turn up in yard, I can't wait until it is in full swing!

I don't know about you all but I'm ready to take a hay ride and drink some apple cider. Hope you all are enjoying the season as much as I am!


No comments:

Post a Comment