Monday, October 3, 2011

Rewarding Yourself

I believe in rewarding yourself for job well done. When I first started my job as a photographer at Bella Baby one of my coworkers told me they were planning to get themselves a treat after they photographed 100 babies. What a great idea! I love having little goals and rewards like that to make life more fun. So I decided I would do the same thing and use it as an excuse to expand my art collection. A few weeks ago I passed the 100 mark on baby photography and I ordered myself two prints from Etsy. The first is from YeeHaw studios based out of Eric's home town of Knoxville, TN. I thought it would make a perfect addition to our kitchen.


beautiful letterpress print, unfortunately the light in the kitchen is terrible so this doesn't do it justice. 
 The second is from Groundwork by Danna Ray. I am totally in love with all of her work but the tent seemed very appropriate considering our love of camping. It's currently hanging in our guest bedroom next to one of my paintings.


Limited edition print with hand painted details. Love it!
I have no frames for them yet but hope to remedy that problem soon, maybe frames will be my next reward ;-)

I think everyone should do this though, seriously. Pick a work goal or a personal goal and use it as an excuse to buy yourself something special. Go on, you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment