Friday, March 30, 2012

Grapefruit-marinated London Broil with Citrus-Avocado Salad

Now that I am in my second trimester I am getting away from my starch cravings and finally feeling like I want to eat some semi healthy food again. The one thing I want to eat all the now is fruit, particularly citrus. I really can't get enough of the stuff. I made this delicious London Broil recipe the other night and it was so pretty and tasty I wanted to show it off. I have always been a big fan sweet/salty combinations and  meat dishes that have fruit in them are among my favorites. I got the recipe from the Tasty Trials website and it is from an article on having a citrus themed dinner party, yum! Right now I am not up to throwing a dinner party but it does sound like a fun idea, maybe I'll wait until I can drink again so that I can enjoy the cocktail and then try this out on some friends. Here is a picture of the completed dish.


I have tried cooking London Broil before but always found it kind of tough. I was amazed at how the citrus marinade made the meat extremely tender and the citrus avocado salad was just the right combo of sweet, fresh and creamy. For the complete recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment