Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spinach Nectarine Salad

So the last time I had blood work done at the doctor they told me my iron was a little on the low side. Oops! Could this be a result of my recent cutback in meat consumption? I guess pregnancy isn't the best time to make major changes in your diet. So in response to this I am trying to up my intake of dark leafy greens like spinach and broccoli, not always the easiest thing to do but not so bad if you get creative. I came up with this yummy salad the other day and thought the recipe was worth saving. It is such a pretty salad and delicious as well!



I made the croutons by cutting some leftover ends of sourdough bread in to cubes and toasting them in butter until the browned slightly. Other than that this salad is pretty self explanatory, I just combined the spinach, crumbled blue cheese, dried cranberries, one sliced nectarine, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Delicious and beautiful! Yum! I have another doctors appointment tomorrow so hopefully my iron will be back up to where it needs to be :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nectarines are an underrated fruit. Nobody likes them because they are a hybrid. We have a word for people like that: racist.

    ReplyDelete