Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pumpkin Black Bean Tostadas


So in the wake of my post Thanksgiving food coma I am trying to eat healthier and watch what I'm putting in my body a bit more. While I was pregnant I got in the habit of eating exactly what I wanted and not worrying about gaining weight. Now that Echo has turned two months I feel like it's time to get back on track.

Today I came up with a creative recipe using ingredients I already had on hand and it turned out to be really tasty (healthy too)! You might think pumpkin is a weird ingredient to use on tostadas but pumpkin is actually used a lot in Mexican cooking and works surprisingly well. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup queso fresco
1/2 canned black beans
4 corn tortillas
hot sauce to taste
a spritz of olive oil

Spritz tortillas with a little olive oil and broil in the oven until slightly browned and crispy. Top with canned pumpkin, black beans and queso fresco and pop back in the oven until cheese is slightly melted and ingredients are heated through. Remove from oven and top with hot sauce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment