Saturday, March 29, 2014

Smoothie Time!


As Different as my pregnancies have been my cravings have been pretty much the same this time as the last time around. It starts out with carbs in the first trimester and moves on to fruit in the second and third. I drank so many smoothies when I was pregnant with Echo and since the weather has been getting a bit warmer we have been getting back in to smoothies in a major way. The problem was that we had a pretty crummy blender that didn't handle ice well which made smoothie making very frustrating and time consuming. We knew we needed something better but didn't want to spend $500 on a vitamix so Eric did his online research thing (he's a whiz at that!) and came up with a much cheaper but still pretty decent option. We ended up going with a Ninja Master Prep Professional. It's awesome because it comes with three pitchers, one for blending, one for food processing and one for chopping. We use the big and medium pitchers both to make smoothies and have yet to use the little pitcher but so far we have been very happy with it's ability to handle ice and frozen fruit. I Usually have two smoothies a day now and Echo enjoys them too!


In the photos here we are having a banana, orange pineapple smoothie but my undisputed favorite is banana peanut butter and chocolate. I have it for breakfast pretty much every day. All you do is put in one banana, a heaping spoonful of peanut butter, a heaping spoonful of cocoa powder, a little milk and a handful of ice cubes. It's awesome because it satisfies my sweet tooth and keeps me full until lunch!


If you are ever in the market for a new blender but don't want to spend a fortune I recommend the ninja. If you are unsure about it you are always welcome to drop by our house and sample a smoothie :-D

2 comments:

  1. This is such a timely post for me because I have recently started making smoothies in the mornings before I head in to work – my basic recipe is very similar in structure to yours, though the ingredients are very different. I am so sick of cleaning my traditional blender every day – and it is just way too huge to be making my itty bitty smoothies in. I will definitely keep the ninja in mind when our current one wears out or I finally lose my mind over cleaning it out and buy a smoothie-specific blender! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily this one is great because it is so much easier to clean! I also love that we can have two pitchers in rotation so we usually always have a clean one on hand. We just pop the dirty one in the dishwasher and it doesn't take up a ton of space like our old one.

      Delete