Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Art Smock


On my long list of sewing projects making an art smock for Echo quickly moved to the top. She loves to paint and we do it almost every day. We also experiment with a variety of other art materials, most recently learning how to glue, use stickers and work with oil pastels, but painting with tempera is still her favorite. I recently bought her some great new tempera paints from Crayola (they are so bright and bold but still washable!) and a new heavy weight pad of paper to paint on and she has been loving it. To save a little wear and tear on her clothes I whipped up an art smock for her to wear while she paints.


I used almost the same design as I did with the baby smock I made her last year but without the crossover back and with ties on the sides. I used a current dress that fit to get the sizing right but it still came out a little big. This is ok with me because she has room to grow in it!

Thinking really hard about her creation
She looks so sweet in her new smock! I love it! And the busy floral pattern hides little drips of paint well. I am so happy that she loves to paint so much and that it something we can share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment