Friday, May 9, 2014

Breastfeeding Infinity scarf


Ok guys, I am officially in my Third trimester! Woo hoo! The past few weeks I have been feeling very third trimester, as in suuuppper tired. I haven't had enough energy to keep the house clean and stay on top of dinner much less do anything fun or creative. Well yesterday I treated myself to a large homemade iced coffee in the afternoon that left me feeling wonderfully refreshed (caffeine restrictions while pregnant have gone out the window) and I got to spend some time with my much loved but lately neglected sewing machine. 

As much as I would love to sew up a bunch of cute stuff for baby Clover I simply don't have the time or energy. However an infinity scarf is something even this busy momma can handle and it was fun to make somethign I can use when our new baby arrives. I got the idea from this tutorial  but it really couldn't be easier. You basically take a rectangle and sew the ends together. When finished the scarf can be worn like a normal infinity scarf or unfolded and draped across your chest if you need a little extra cover while nursing. 

I had this awesome piece of really stretchy green fabric that I picked up in the scrap bin at Joanne's which was perfect for the project. Not only is it light and soft but it happens to be my exact favorite color in the whole world. I love that mossy green shade. I still felt it seemed a little plain so I decided to silk screen a little fern design on it (although in retrospect maybe I should have done a clover, hmm...).


 I had a really hard time taking pictures of this on myself so my apologies for the terrible selfies. At least they get the point across, showing the two ways the scarf can be worn.

Just a note on breastfeeding covers in general, I'm not a huge fan of them. I really never used one when i was nursing Echo and I strongly believe that women should be free to breastfeed in public and uncovered without shame. However there are always some circumstances where you might like a little privacy so it's nice to have a cute option in case you decide you need or want to cover up. Again, i never used a cover with Echo and I'm not sure if I will with Clover either but I figured if I don't ever use this one as a nursing cover at least I will have a cute new scarf!


No comments:

Post a Comment