Saturday, January 15, 2011

Eastern Hemlock and other plants in the new yard

Since a lot of the snow has melted now I was finally able to make out for a visit to my Parent's place this weekend, and for a visit to our house! I love going over there and just dreaming about all the stuff I want to do to it, I feel like it is home already and spending time there feels very comfortable (even though I'm not technically supposed to be there since we haven't closed yet, shh!).

I took a bunch of pictures today to use for future blog posts and for this one I thought I would talk about some of the awesome plants that are already growing in the yard. I was really excited about this one beautiful evergreen tree that is growing in the front yard but I had no idea what it was. I did a little digging with my mom and we identified it as an Eastern Hemlock. Cool! I think it is a gorgeous tree, it has a beautiful shape and color and adorable tiny pine cones. Here are some pictures of it.

Eastern Hemlock in our front yard

Close up of the needles and cones, so cute!


I also snapped some photos of the other plants in the front yard, I love that we have some great older plants such as well established holly bushes and a huge Magnolia tree!

Big, gorgeous Magnolia tree. There is something just so delightfully Southern about having a large Magnolia in your front yard.

Holly bushes in the front garden all around the mail box. Should make for great future holiday decorations.

Mail box with holly bushes and some spiky plants that I have no idea what they are.

Crepe Myrtle, I can't wait to find out what color it is :-)




Maybe some day I will get around to exploring the back yard, although I'm pretty sure it has been left relatively untouched since it is mostly natural and wooded. Being the tree lovers that we are however, we plan to plant even more trees in the back once we move in :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment