Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Low Carb Cooking- Shrimp Fajita Salad

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of this one, I was too hungry ;-) Nevertheless, it was so delicious I felt the need to blog about it anyway. After a super relaxing long holiday weekend at the beach I am in a fresh seafood kind of mood. I don't usually cook a lot of seafood because it's expensive. However Publix has shrimp skewers on sale for 10 for $10, what a deal! Here is the recipe (which I totally made up) I think it turned out pretty tasty.

Ingredients
 Ten to Fifteen fresh shrimp peeled and with tails on
One tablespoon peanut oil
One red or yellow bell pepper sliced
One large onion sliced
about half a tablespoon of Adobo seasoning
Juice of one lemon
One jalapeno pepper
One bag of salad greens of your choice
3/4 cup cherry tomatos halved
Two green onions chopped
Half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
Half a cup of salsa of your choice

Heat peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add shrimp, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper and stir fry for four to six minutes or until shrimp are cooked through. Near the end of cook time add juice of one lemon and Adobe seasoning plus any other seasonings you want (I used a spice blend from World Market called Calmex). While this is cooking toss salad greens, cherry tomatoes and green onions. Top salad greens with shrimp, onion and pepper stir fry and add cheese and salsa to taste.

This recipe turned out to be delicious and it very low carb. It's great for these hot Summer days and takes almost no time to cook. It also satisfies my craving for Mexican food, my absolute favorite kind of cuisine, yum!

*note: this salad fed me and my husband just about right however Eric has a pretty big appetite. It would probably feed two to four people depending on how hungry you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment