Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Camera Lens

Things in my life have been crazy this week! Between all the Birthday madness (which was awesome!) and the stress of starting a new job I am about ready to fall over and sleep for a week.  I've been wanting to post more and work on the house more but have no time or energy. That being said I am happy as a clam to be learning new things and taking on a new challenge, even if it does stress me out.

Being a photographer for my day job (as well as my night and weekend job) is pretty awesome. I love that I get to do something creative and it certainly keeps me on my toes. I am learning a lot from my coworkers and supervisors, working with a team of professional photographers is a pretty amazing way to learn and grow in your own photography. One of the things that has helped my pictures a lot this past week is finally getting a fixed lens for my camera. I was shooting with a standard 18-55 or 18-105 and I think it was definitely holding me back. I got a shiny new 35 mm f 1.8 for my Birthday and I am in love with it. The quality of pictures just don't compare with what I was taking before.

I hope that quality of the pictures in my blog will reflect my growth as a photographer. I am learning how to better control my camera every day and it is an amazing feeling. Expect better pictures from here on out :-)

Here are some random pictures from my first few days experimenting with the new lens



1 comment: