Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More Things To Do With Cucumbers

The cucumbers are by far my most successful garden plant so far. The have kind of taken over and are spreading like wildfire. I didn't even intend to plant cucumbers this year because they take up so much room but then I got a free packet of seeds with an etsy order so I figured what the heck. Now I have more cucumbers than I know what to do with so I am trying to come up with lots of ways to use them. Today I made my first attempt at refrigerator pickles. Some day I will try to make real pickles but for now these seemed less intimidating. I adapted this recipe from The Meaning of Pie, basically I halved it and only used one type of pepper (cayenne) since that was what I had on hand. Here some pics.

ingredients, I grew the cucs and cayenne peppers myself!

all chopped up and brine poured over the top

sealed up and ready to be fridged
 They need to sit for 48 hours before they will be ready to eat but I'll let you know how they turn out when I get to try them!

No comments:

Post a Comment