Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tomato and Cucumber Salad

I have been on a huge salad kick lately. It's pretty funny since during my first trimester I couldn't eat salad without throwing up. Now that i'm drawing in on my third trimester I'm really craving fresh fruits and veggies. It's good timing too because some of the vegetables in my garden are starting to produce pretty well and there is nothing like cooking with ingredients you grew yourself! I'm getting new ripe cucumbers pretty much every day now and I was trying to come up with a way to use them as well as use up some leftover tomatos and herbs that I had in my fridge so I kind of made up this salad. I sampled it and it was very tasty! I'm trying to save the rest of it to have with dinner tonight (pork chops with mustard sauce) but I'm kins of wanting to have a big bowl of it right now! Yum! See my recipe after the photos.

freshly picked cucumbers

finished salad

close up

Ingredients:

3 roma tomatos, chopped
2 small cucumbers, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/3 cup red onion finely slivered
1/4 queso fresco, crumbled
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
salt and pepper to taste


Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl whisk honey and vinegar until combined, then toss with other ingredients. Sprinkle on salt and pepper and stir to combine. Serve chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment