Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easy Baby Leggings



My first sewing project of the new year! See? I'm working hard on those resolutions already! I saw on some other woman's blog a sewing project that was referred to as a "one nap project" meaning that in can be completed while your child is taking a nap. I can't remember the blog or the project now but I thought it was a good way of phrasing those easy projects that can be done quickly. This one is a one nap project and I am so please with how it came out! I got the tutorial from Maybe Matilda and it is super cute and easy. Here are the pictures of the progress.

I started with a shirt I got at the thrift store for $2.50

I really liked this shirt but it had a run in it that was pretty obvious once I put it on, that will teach me not to try things on before I buy them.

I used an existing pair of pants that fit Echo and cut around them, leaving about 1/2 an inch extra for seam allowance. 

I used scraps of another old T shirt to make cuffs for the pants (this was my fancy extra touch, I'm very proud of it)

I folded the cuffs over and sewed the ends together (also pictured is my nice new set of thread that I got for Christmas)

Here are the pants sewn together and inside out. After this step I added an elastic waist and attached the cuffs. I wish I had more pictures of the rest of this but Echo woke up from her nap and I got distracted. 

Finished leggings! They are so cute and comfy, I'm very proud of them!
My next project is a dress and pretty ambitious for my very limited sewing skills. I'm excited to experiment with it though. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment