Monday, January 28, 2013

The Best Job In The World


Echo is going through what's known as a 4 month sleep regression or wakeful period lately. That means that my formerly perfect sleeper is waking up every 2 hours all night long and I am getting no rest. We went to the pediatrician last week and Echo is growing and maturing beautifully. The doctor was very impressed by how well she could stand (with our support) and that she could pass a toy from one hand to the other. Basically this no sleeping thing just has to be ridden out, ugh! Coffee is my best friend these days and an absolute necessity. I'm a zombie a lot of the time and I'm grumpy and snapping at everyone around me, very fun for Eric I'm sure ;-)

The good news?  Just look at that face! I keep telling people that she is sleeping like she did as a newborn but it is infinitely better because she interacts with me. When I lug myself in to her room for the 5th time in the middle of the night, totally exhausted, I can't help but giggle in delight as her perfect little face lights up when she sees me. Getting that all important smile is worth all the sleepless nights in the world.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, being a mom is tough! Am I exhausted? Yes. Is it frustrating? Yes. Does it demand every second of my time? Pretty much. I still have nap time to work my own projects, clean the house and cook dinner but much of my day is devoted to my little one's amusement. Is it worth it? Absolutely, without question yes. I love her like I've never loved anything in my life.

New and expectant moms take heart. Raising a baby is the best experience of your life and the most important thing you'll ever do.

Here's to my darling girl at 4 months. Being your mom is the best job in the whole world and I wouldn't trade a second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment