Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sriracha Hummus

For his Birthday Eric got a Sriracha cookbook and much like many of our cookbooks it has been sorely neglected. Well yesterday I had some chick peas to use up so I decided to whip up some Sriracha hummus.

Check out my awesome food styling skills, it has a touch of parsley and everything ;-)
This is my second attempt at homemade hummus and it turn out a thousand times better than the first. When will I learn that spicy makes everything better? Here is the recipe I used. Me being me I couldn't help but tamper with it a bit so it differs slightly from the original.

Ingredients
2 cups cooked chick peas
1/4 cup tahini
2 tbs olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 tbs Sriracha plus more for garnish
1 tsp salt
1/2 tbs cumin
1/2 cup water

The recipe couldn't be easier. I just put everything in a bowl and blended with my emersion blender until it was smooth. The original recipe didn't call for water but I felt like it was thicker than I wanted it to be so I kept adding until I got the consistency that I wanted. I ate it on tortilla chips because I was too lazy to make home made pita this time. It was so good! I will never make plain old boring hummus again!

No comments:

Post a Comment