Thursday, April 11, 2013

Native Plant Sale and First Harvest

Last Friday I attended a native plant sale at the Chattahoochee Nature Center in Roswell. I used to work there so it was really fun to go back to my old stomping grounds. This was my first native plant sale and it was a blast! I definitely plan to go again next year. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the actual sale ( I was too busy trying to push a stroller, drink my coffee and carry my plants all at the same time!) but here are some photos of what I got at the sale!

I got some herbs to plant in my newly installed window box on the back deck. The proximity to the kitchen makes it ideal.  So far I've planted parsley, sage thyme and oregano.

A gorgeous Heuchera for my shade garden 

Another blueberry bush, this brings our count up to 6! It's quite a large plant and was only $5, what a great deal!
I other garden news I harvested the first of my radishes today. They're still a little small but have great flavor, so exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment