Saturday, April 20, 2013

Pickled Radishes


My radishes are all getting ready to harvest which is very exciting because it will make room in my garden for other things. As usual I have way more radishes than I know what to do with. As I learned last year from my bumper crop of cucumbers, pickling is a great solution to this problem. I didn't really follow a recipe this time, just experimented until I got a solution I liked. The results were fantastic, I'm seriously hooked on these little guys. They would be great on sandwiches but I am loving eating them right out of the jar. Here is my recipe for tangy, spicy, crunchy pickled radishes.

Ingredients
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tbs sugar
1/2 tbs salt
about 15 radishes (depending on how big they are)
1/2 jalapeno pepper
3 cloves garlic

Boil vinegar, salt and sugar until salt and sugar dissolve completely. In the mean time slice radishes, jalapeno and garlic in to thin, round slices and place in a small mason jar or any other lidded jar you have handy. Pour the liquid mixture over the sliced veggies and refrigerate for 2 days. This will keep in you refrigerator for several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment