Sunday, February 13, 2011

Renovation Begins!

Now that the house is officially ours we are in full renovation mode this weekend! We have been over there for most of the weekend and taken a quite a few trips to Home Depot (our gift card is long gone). It's very exciting and encouraging to see the little changes start to happen. It's amazing how much a difference a small change can make. I'm just posting a few pictures right now from our first day and night in the house and I will post some more "after" pictures when today is done and I feel like I have more to show. For now you just get a teaser :-)

Our first night in the house (that's my mom in the background, hi mom!). This is the last time you will see that chandelier, pictures of the new lighting fixture coming soon!

Housewarming gifts inspired by my favorite movie of all time, It's a Wonderful Life. "Bread, that this house may never know hunger. Salt, that life may always have flavor. And wine, that joy and prosperity may rain down forever!"

Eric starting to rip of the gross carpet. It may be a while until we get new floors but I would much rather live on sub floor than the super dirty carpet that is there now.

Me with tools, my mom thinks this is hilarious for some reason ;-)

Dad helping to Spackle the little cracks and holes in the wall

Spackling the master bedroom

More of Eric taking up carpet.
I have more pictures to post very soon but I have no time right now so this will have to do. Can't wait to post some more tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment