Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bathroom Mirror Redo

Having three days off in the middle of the week has really given me some time and energy to work on some house projects. Unfortunately there are so many things I want to do that I hardly know where to start. This means that I am in the middle of about 5 projects and not really finishing anything, oops ;-)

One project that was able to finish this week was a quick bathroom mirror update. This is something I've been wanting to try for while now. See my inspiration source here, this link will walk you through adding a simple tile border to your bathroom mirror for an easy and cheap update. In the wake of finally finishing the painting in the master bathroom I wanted to do a little jazz up to the mirror. A huge part of the rustic modern design sensibility is using natural materials such and wood, stone, bamboo and metal. This gave me an opportunity to add a little stone in to our cool gray bathroom, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  There's still more that I want to do in the master bathroom but this definitely gave the space a quick facelift that left me feeling pretty satisfied. Here are some pictures of the process:

In progress, sticking up the tile border with liquid nails. I had to tape a few to keep them in place while they dried.
the finished product

close up pf the stone tiles
In all it only took me a about an hour to complete this project (minus drying time). I think it turned out pretty cool. The next step for this bathroom is to add some rustic wood shelves in the empty space over the toilet. I think the warm wood will go really well with those rough stone tiles. Maybe some time soon I will be able to add those in but I may have to save up for them. The ones I have my eye on don't come cheap. Who knows though, maybe Eric will be able to score me some awesome yard sale deal if I wait long enough ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment