Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Speaking Of Good Deals...

I had my first day off in 8 days today and I woke up refreshed and full of energy! I finally had a day to take care of errands that I had been putting off for way too long. There were the not so fun ones like getting my oil changed, and the fun ones like doing some shopping with my Mom. I even ended up with a little time this afternoon to work on some projects that I will be blogging about in the near future :-)

In the course of my shopping day I was able to score some seriously good deals. It's amazing to me how much better I am at watching what I spend now. I used to buy things like groceries for full price and never think twice but now I almost never buy things unless they are on sale. I find getting good deals tremendously satisfying, I'm sure I'm not alone in this. So anyway, I was stopping by Home Depot today to pick up some things and I was amazed by some of the deals in the garden center. Seriously, if you haven't been lately, you should go. They had some plants that were crazy on sale and I walked out with 6 good sized plants for about $17. Below is a picture of the goodies...


Perennials were on sale 2 for $7 

Got a nice palm tree for the living room for $2.50

and the crowning glory is the hibiscus tree for $1.89, crazy!

The hostas were not technically on sale but they are a bit cheaper this time of year (or so I'm told). Besides, I really needed them for a terraced shade garden I'm planning to make in the near future.
 After clearing out the Home Depot garden center we hit up our local Borders which as you probably know is going out of business (as are all of the Borders book stores). It is pretty sad to see them go, I have spent so much time browsing in Borders through the years. That being said I wasn't above taking advantage of their store closing sale. Of course I went straight to the cook book section, I love love love cook books! I almost always end up cooking from online recipes but for some reason I love to buy cook books, lol. Oh well, at least they were on sale and this makes me resolve to cook from my cook book collection more often :-)



It seems like there are lots of amazing deals everywhere I go lately. I think it's an end of Summer thing, they are clearing things out to get ready for a new season. I advise you all to go out there and get some of these deals while the gettings good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment