Thursday, August 4, 2011

Food Food Food

Things have been super crazy in my life lately. Juggling two jobs, one of which is brand new too me, has been stressful to say the least. I don't know what I would do without my wonderful husband by my side and my amazing family who are always there to support me. Having a team of support is such an amazing gift to have. Eric has been working really hard since his promotion as well and has had to take on a lot more responsibility at his job. So basically we have both been stressed and grumpy lately and have had zero time to work on stuff around the house. The one thing that has not gone by the wayside throughout this time of stress is the food. Food is very important in our house, it's one of the ways we show love, it's a way to bond and way to enjoy life. So since I have no new house updates to share, here's what we've been eating to make life sweeter :-)

Thai Steak Salad, see recipe here. I can't tell you how delicious and easy for a weeknight this recipe is. It's also great for these hot summer nights. You all know I adore a steak salad :-)

Sesame coated tuna steaks with lettuce and homemade salsa made of onion, garlic, cilantro, and tomato.   

Teppanyaki, this was my first time making this but it was really delicious! I grilled mine in a cast iron skillet and served it with a home made ginger soy dipping sauce.
These are just a few of the yummy dishes that have been coming out of our kitchen lately. I love to cook and being able to make great food even when we are going through stressful times is super important to me. On that note, I'm off to make dinner :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment